Over the last several years you may have noticed your organic Facebook reach dropping. Yet, you may see many posts each month that get more reach than others.
In this article, we take a look inside why users share certain Facebook posts more than others.
With 400 new users signing up to use Facebook every minute, you can see why it pays to learn what posts get shared the most.
This will help you get more engagement and reach for your brand on Facebook, ultimately bettering your relationships and increasing revenue.
Posts that Get Shared Most Often
So, now you’re really wondering what posts get shared the most. We’ve together a list of the most popular types of posts that get shared on a regular basis.
These posts are the most shareable because:
- They give something away. If you post a special offer, drawing, discount, or other contest, your followers are going to share it with their friends.
- The posts are funny and include pictures and quotes. These posts get shared often because people love to feel good. They are shared because they are happy and not offensive to a general audience.
- They are inspirational. Like the humorous posts, these inspire people. And, your followers are almost certain to share these if they inspire them.
- Unique posts, when shared, help people define themselves in the social arena. Active social media users want people to know more about them.
- The posts amaze people. Let’s say you are a pool dealer, and you just built a pool on a cliff. People are certain to share that post because it looks unbelievable.
- They bring people together. For example, posts on Labor Day get shared often because they unite Americans across the board.
- The posts warn or advise people. If you’re offering insider tips and warnings, your followers will be more apt to share this with their friends because they want to share the advice.
- They help them grow their own relationships. For example, users share posts because it helps them stay connected with their own follower base.
- The posts are about a cause they care about. Charity-type posts get shared because people want to help these causes.
So, now that you know what posts get shared the most, how can you bring this content to your Facebook followers?
Give Your Followers Something of Value
You can see from the above lists, that the most shareable posts have value.
For your users to share your content, they must trust your business, like it, and know that your content has value to them and to others.
You must provide them with content that means something to them. Make it worth their time to share it.
Help Your Followers Connect
Your followers on Facebook want to connect with you and with their own friends. This is why they use this social platform.
As you create your content, consider what types of content is the most shareable. What content will your users comment on and ultimately share?
Ask yourself each time you post something if it is enticing enough to elicit a share.
In addition, consider ending each post with a question. While not all posts will get answers, those that do are often quite shareable.
Finally, it’s important to mention that the posts that get share the most always include either a photo or a video.
The first thing your followers see is the visual parts of your posts, so make sure they are all visually attractive.
Another trick to create more shareable posts is to use emojis. Consider mixing up the placement and put one in front of your text.
If you use the tips here for shareable content, you will likely see a rise in your Facebook engagement. Do always check your analytics. See what’s working and revise what isn’t.
As the most popular social media platform for many years running, it pays to leverage your content and share the most engaging, thoughtful, enticing content you can.
If you’d like some help developing your brand and nurturing the relationship between social media ad your business, we can help. We’ll provide customer-focused and engaging posts that encourage trust and a connection with your business.
We are here for you when it comes to your social media posting. We’ll study your brand and create posts that work with your overall social media posting strategy. Learn more about our services and how we can create engaging content that your customers will enjoy and appreciate.